Anatomy & Physiology Course Content
Each Unit has many “Activities” which incorporate a range of study skills including reading, writing, copying, drawing, reciting, researching and repertorising. The range of learning experiences and the different material (course, movies, audio and books) makes the course enjoyable, and therefore memorable!
Audio & Movie lectures
Unit 1: Skin (61 mins)
Unit 2: Skeleton (40 mins)
Unit 3: Heart (46 mins)
Unit 4: Resistance (66 mins)
Unit 5: Liver (39 mins)
Unit 6: Female (42 mins)
Total = 4 hours 54 mins
Unit 1: The Cell (7 mins)
Unit 2: Muscles (6 mins)
Unit 3: Respiratory System (12 mins)
Unit 4: Urinary System (7 mins)
Unit 5: Endocrine System (10 mins)
Unit 6: Reproductive System (6 mins)
Total = 48 mins
Full contents with learning outcomes:
Introduction to anatomy & physiology
How to follow this course
Study time & re-enrolment fee
Refund of course fee
Cell structure and function
Maintaining healthy membranes
The importance of knowing cell types
Structure of the skin
Structure of the alimentary canal
Position of the organs in the abdomen
How digestion works
Components of bones
Influence of hormones
Body language of posture
Joints and body language
The three types of muscle tissue
Function and action of skeletal muscles
Distinguishing the parts of the nervous system
Components of the nervous system
Balanced diet and its ideal proportions
Calculating body-mass index
The healthy musculo-skeletal system
Components of the respiratory system
Mechanism of breathing
Anatomy of the heart
Blood is a connective tissue
Composition of blood
Cellular content of blood
Resistance and immunity
Non-specific defence mechanisms
Lymph and lymphatic system
Importance of memory cells
Necessity for excretion
Components of the urinary system
Structure of the liver
Function of the liver
The Endocrine System
The components of the endocrine system
The target organs
The Brain and Nervous System
Parts of the brain
The blood –brain barrier (BBB)
The structure of the spinal cord
Male reproductive system
Female reproductive system
The Special Senses
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the structure and function of cells.
- Understand the structure and function of the skin and disease states of the skin.
- Understand the structure and function of the digestive system.
- Understand the structure and function of the musculo-skeletal system.
- Understand the components of a healthy diet.
- Understand the structure and function of the respiratory system.
- Understand the structure and function of the cardiovascular system.
- Understand the mechanisms of resistance and immunity.
- Understand the structure and function of the excretory system.
- Understand the structure and function of the endocrine system.
- Understand the structure and function of the nervous system.
- Understand the structure and function of the reproductive system.
- Understand the structure and function of the special senses.
Prices & enrol online
Anatomy & Physiology Course
Tutor group meetings
2 year study period (can be done in 9-12 months)
Post & Packing