Introduction to Nutrition
This day is open to anyone interested in learning more about diet and nutrition – you do not have to have any prior learning on the subject or be on our nutrition course to do this introductory day. Our knowledgeable course author, tutor and qualified nutrition therapist - Mary Sharma, will lead the day.
- Date: Sunday 9th December 2018
- Teacher: Mary Sharma DNMed, mBANT, CNHC registered, D Iridol, dip Homotox (hons)
- Venue: Stroud, Gloucestershire
- Course fee: £79.00
- Time: 10.00am to 5.00pm with 1 hour for lunch
Overall the day is designed for those that have an interest in nutrition and health. Existing students and non-students should both benefit from it.
The day will be a combination of lectures, powerpoint, practical exercises of working out constitutions and maybe even some taster drinks for balancing different constitutions.
Items being covered on the day:
- Eastern food energetics/nutrition: the concepts of hot, cold, damp and dry energies in foods; the 6 tastes and how they affect health and emotions.
- constitutions (Chinese/Ayurveda) and how to eat to support your individual constitution.
- emotional eating and why we do it plus research in this area, healthy and unhealthy cravings and why.
- research into diet-the proven effects of diet upon health
- blood sugar control and health.
- different types of diet together with why these diets don't work for everyone.
- importance of digestion and how to improve it.
Participants should come away with:
- Simple tools to include in their lifestyle and diet to aid health.
- A basic understanding of how diet impacts upon our health and emotional state.
- A basic understanding of why people get allergies and simple supportive strategies.
- An understanding of the effects of stress on health and how to support stress levels via diet.
- More clarity around all of the different types of diet available, superfoods etc.-to clear away the confusion about what is 'good' and 'bad'.